Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What Was I Born to Do?

This one simple, little question might leave you thinking about the answers for days. It might leave you questioning what your life has been about. For some, this question will lead you down a new path. 

The question is, “What Was I Born to Do?”

There are many levels to this question.

1. What was I meant to do for a living?
2. What am I supposed to do in my spare time?
3. What hidden talents do I possess that I have not discovered yet?
4. Am I living in the place where I am supposed to be living in order to serve my life’s purpose?

The ultimate question is, “How do I discover what I’m supposed to do with my life?” 

You will discover more about yourself by the more that you do and by the experiences that you have. 

Experiences open the knowledge of what you like to do and what you are good at. It’s that simple.

When I was young, I envied people who knew what they wanted to be when they grew up. Not only did they know what they wanted to be, but they were determined to be it. Everything from firemen, dancers, architects, etc. 

Some of those dreams started when they were young and as the dream grew, the determination grew. Some dreams did not flourish until later in life and some were on a whim.

You have to take what you enjoy doing and ask yourself an important question, “Can I make money doing what I love to do or is it a hobby?”

But the key is to make sure that you have opened your mind to all possibilities first. You may “like” doing this particular thing and then you try something else and you are “fabulous” at it. 

What you should be doing is constantly changing. It changes as you change. New hobbies are created as your mind desires change. It is up to you if you would like that hobby turned into a career.

What about your spare-time? I think we were meant to touch other souls; it is just how we do it that is different from individual to individual. 

One person can run fundraisers, one can be a hands on volunteer and one person can be behind the scenes volunteer touching just as many lives as others, (you can sew or donate items, etc.).

You were born to do what you love to do! Whatever you do, you are always reaching out to another soul in some shape or form. 

An artist’s masterpiece is admired by other souls, a musician’s music is touched by other souls, an architect’s building is admired by other souls, a fireman touches many souls and a server at a local restaurant is touching many souls.

Whatever you decide to do in your life, just make sure that you are happy. The universe will connect you with other souls, but it is up to you to figure out how you want to give back. 

Smile along the way and help others every chance you can. If you are not happy doing what you’re doing, only you can bring about the change needed for something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment